Another favourite at Christmas time, these make a good alternative to rum balls- or you could just try both! Make sure you use really good quality rum to really get maximum punch from this fudge.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes (+ soaking time)
Ingredients (makes about 40)
- 60ml (1/2 cup) rum (vary to taste)
- 100g (1/2 cup) raisins
- 400g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (or cheat & use choc pieces)
- 1 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 50g unsalted butter
- Line a shallow 21cm x18 cm cake pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Soak the rum and raisins in a small bowl for at least an hour so raisins can absorb the rum.
- Gently melt the chocolate, condensed milk and butter in a bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water. Stir until chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth & glossy.
- Stir in the raisin mixture & combine.
- Spoon into the lined pan and use the back of a spoon to smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
Viola! Impress the relatives this Christmas with your culinary rum delights!