Ever wondered what drinks you can make with banana rum?
We have the answer right here! This is a drink you CAN make at home kids. Banana rum is an interesting concept, why companies insist on altering perfectly good rum with their artificial “natural flavours” is beyond me, but – rant over, I’ve been getting a few questions from the community about what drinks you can make with banana rum, so if must be gaining in popularity?!
I really had no idea how to answer this question, as I’ve never tried it myself, but for your convenience – I have put a twist on your standard banana rum cream drink and put together this recipe just for you! If you make this at home make sure you comment and let me know what you think!
Now for the recipe:
Banana Rum Cream Drink – there are a few different recipes for this drink, the simple rum drinks twist goes like this:
Malibu Banana Rum Cream Drink Recipe
- Step 1: Fill a tall glass with ice
- Step 2: Add 1 shot of Malibu Banana Rum
- Step 3: Add 2 shots of light coconut milk
- Step 4: Give it all a good shake with your cocktail shaker
- Step 5: Pour into tumbler glass
- Step 6: Sprinkle ever so lightly with a touch of cinamon
Voila! Let the bananary goodness flow! Of course you could also try this with other banana rums: Cruzan Banana Rum, Tortuga Banana Rum but then you wouldn’t be able to call it a Malibu Banana Rum Cream!
Frozen Banana Rum Colada
What about this great banana colada recipe from A Nightowl Blog!
Frozen Banana Colada – a delicious combination of banana, banana rum, pineapple and coconut that is sure to please!
Author: Kimberly Sneed
- 1 banana
- ½ cup pineapple chunks
- 2oz Blue Chair Bay Banana Rum
- 2oz cream of coconut
- 2 cups ice
- Place banana, pineapple, Blue Chair Bay Banana Rum and cream of coconut and blend.
- Add in ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass, serve with pineapple garnish and enjoy!
So next time your friends pop by, make them banana rum cream, sit back relax and enjoy your new banana rum drink!