The Devil’s Handshake Rum Cocktail is yet another rummy twist on a haunted Tequila classic and is a pleasant mix of fruits and tequila, with a bit of a bitter twang.
The ginger purée really gives this drink a kick along by adding a subtle sweet yet spicy taste. The egg whites create a smooth texture and helps to bring all of the flavours together.
But if you’re not a big fan of egg whites, or its just to hard for you to get right, you can give that part a miss with minimal impact to the drink.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
- 1 1/2 parts Havana Club Anejo Blanco
- 3/4 parts lime juice
- 1/2 part simple syrup
- 1 part pineapple juice
- 1 tsp sweet ginger puree or ground fresh ginger
- 1/4 part egg white
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Dry shake vigorously, ice and shake again.
- Strain onto fresh ice in a highball glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Original Tequila recipe can be found at cocktails.about.com.