This frighteningly good cocktail is a rum version of the vodka Ghostini at cocktails.about.com where it is described as one of the speciality Halloween cocktails served at Renaissance Vinoy Resort & Golf Club in St. Petersburg, Florida.
The Ghostini has a similar foundation to many other dessert-worthy cocktails, with an Irish cream base, with caramel, and vanilla rum.
In this rum cocktail, it is the pumpkin transforms the drink into a pumpkin pie in a glass, complete with cookie rim and slithery gummy snake garnish.
The Rum Ghostini gives this adult treat a childish appeal.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream with a hint of Caramel
- 3 ounces CruzanVanilla Rum
- 2 ounces pumpkin spice liqueur
- Crushed Oreo cookies for rimming
- Gummy worms for garnish
- Dry ice for garnish (optional)
- Rim a chilled cocktail glass with crushed cookies.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into the prepared glass and add dry ice if desired.
- Garnish with a few gummy worms.
Original recipe source: http://cocktails.about.com/od/cocktailrecipes/tp/halloween_cktl.01.htm